PDF EPUB Soft City author Pushwagner – dugisits.co.za


  • Paperback
  • 160
  • Soft City
  • Pushwagner
  • en
  • 23 January 2018
  • null

Pushwagner ¸ 1 FREE READ

FREE READ ì Soft City Pushwagner ¸ 1 FREE READ A graphic novel with perhaps the oddest backstory ever Pushwagners Soft City was created in the 1970s by Norwegian artist Terje Brofoss nom d’art Pushwagner only to be lost in a suitcase on a trip to London Though it was found in 2002 Brofoss didn’t learn of the discovery until some segments we. I can t believe I finally stumbled on to this classic done between 1969 1975 lost for decades and in 2008 reprinted in oversized format It s like Fritz Lang movies and 1984 Chaplin s Modern Times a futuristic urban nightmare sketched in black and white maybe a little Saul Steinbergish sketchy and then meticulous in its evocation of an urban nightmare and the proliferation of sameness and aridity in urban architecture On acid as they say And Pushwagner was on acid so it also is part of that literature beginning with Aldous Huxley s Doors of Perception so many Beatshippies and a lot of music of course much of it not very good at all but this This recalls the acid turn in R Crumb s work too which was also strange and wild This is an amazing artifact of paranoia where people all do the same thing at the same time in a drugged out one pill make you larger and one pill makes you small and the ones that mother gives you don t do anything at all existence The feel of it is not 1984 dark exactly in Pushwagner s rendition as with the large wide spacious format and the thin pencil lines it is exhilarating than I expected given the subject matter I call it surrealism too in the best sense of that word as amazing politicalcultural commentaryIt s stupid for me to say any about it as you should just read this review that follows which became the book s introduction written by Chris Ware one of the top comics artists AND comics critics ever on the planet who just kills it If you read that you will find the book asap especially of you are interested in alt comix and dystopia and architectural comics The Feral The last Line Book One graphic novel with perhaps the oddest backstory ever Pushwagners Soft City was created in the 1970s by Norwegian artist Terje Brofoss nom d’art Pushwagner only to be lost in a suitcase on a trip to London Though it was found in 2002 Brofoss didn’t learn of the discovery until some segments we. I can t believe I finally stumbled on to this classic done between 1969 1975 lost for decades and in 2008 reprinted in oversized format It s like Fritz Lang movies and 1984 Chaplin s Modern Times a futuristic urban nightmare sketched in black and white maybe a little Saul Steinbergish sketchy and then meticulous in its evocation of an urban nightmare and the proliferation of sameness and aridity in urban architecture On acid as they say And Pushwagner was on acid so it also is part of that literature beginning with Aldous Huxley s Doors of Perception so many Beatshippies and a lot of music of course much of it not very Le Comte de Monte Cristo good at all but this This recalls the acid turn in R Crumb s work too which was also strange and wild This is an amazing artifact of paranoia where people all do the same thing at the same time in a drugged out one pill make you larger and one pill makes you small and the ones that mother Planeta mediocrilor gives you don t do anything at all existence The feel of it is not 1984 dark exactly in Pushwagner s rendition as with the large wide spacious format and the thin pencil lines it is exhilarating than I expected The Prince of the Wind Karazan uartet #3 given the subject matter I call it surrealism too in the best sense of that word as amazing politicalcultural commentaryIt s stupid for me to say any about it as you should just read this review that follows which became the book s introduction written by Chris Ware one of the top comics artists AND comics critics ever on the planet who just kills it If you read that you will find the book asap especially of you are interested in alt comix and dystopia and architectural comics

CHARACTERS Ê DUGISITS.CO.ZA ¸ Pushwagner

Soft City

FREE READ ì Soft City Pushwagner ¸ 1 FREE READ Re publishedSoft City is both a creation of its time and timeless the almost hallucinatory story of a society tight in the grip of an omnipresent corporation one that employs them feeds them informs them entertains them–but which may or may not be what it seems It conveys the political sentiments. Almost prophetic the traffic jams remind me of the SF Bay Area today The singularity of the horror this GN examines will leave you wondering are we already in Soft City Christmas Sonata grip of an omnipresent corporation one that employs them feeds them informs them entertains them–but which may or may not be what it seems It conveys the political sentiments. Almost prophetic the traffic jams remind me of the SF Bay Area today The singularity of the horror this GN examines will leave you wondering are we already in Soft City

READ Soft City

FREE READ ì Soft City Pushwagner ¸ 1 FREE READ Of its time in a simple pure line offering only meager spots of colorThis pictorial novel describes the standardized daily life in an Orwellian dystopian city With compassion feeling for the absurd and a sometimes satirical view Pushwagner perceives the life of a family in a top down organized cit. I really didn t like this at firstRoger Ebert famously said It s not what a movie is about it s how it is about it This applies 100% to Pushwagner s magnum opus It s uite impressive actually to literally witness such vast amounts of detail on every single page It must have taken a long time to draw too I kept thinking this the entire time And I appreciate this But I also wanted to stop looking at the work as a piece of research like I do with all the books I read and wanted to just try and enjoy itWell you can t really enjoy something like this And I don t think you re supposed to In retrospect thinking about it all a little bit later it really reminds me of my own work Trying to say something and using a vehicle that on the surface appears to be one thing but deep down in reality is really something else For instance in this case Pushwagner uses the visual medium of the graphic novel even tho this wasn t really that rampant back then to create a sort of awareness and mind expansion that is wholly necessary for us as a people Why do we so often just keel over and accept our fate Why are we so totally fine with the way of things over and over and over again This is the sort of work that reuires you to remain alert the entire time while experiencing it There s a lot going on and it begs to be revisited 3 maybe 4 times again It s not mindless drivel tho the manner in which it is presented can certainly hypnotize and cause the mind to wander which is brilliant btwIn the end tho it really isn t about the story at all There really is no story It s pretty much 3% story 97% what s really going on The year is uncertain Everyone is a family of three the nuclear family The man goes to work The woman cares for the child Rinse wash repeat Simple Done But that s just the 3% Where this book shines is in the remaining 97% The stuff that s happening off the page Think about thisI was ready to give this work a 3 maybe a 4 What made me give it a 5 I read Chris Ware s introduction and Martin Herbert s afterword Absolutely essential Twerking Cruxes and a Cloaked Visage graphic novel even tho this wasn t really that rampant back then to create a sort of awareness and mind expansion that is wholly necessary for us as a people Why do we so often just keel over and accept our fate Why are we so totally fine with the way of things over and over and over again This is the sort of work that reuires you to remain alert the entire time while experiencing it There s a lot Something New going on and it begs to be revisited 3 maybe 4 times again It s not mindless drivel tho the manner in which it is presented can certainly hypnotize and cause the mind to wander which is brilliant btwIn the end tho it really isn t about the story at all There really is no story It s pretty much 3% story 97% what s really The Weirdstone of Brisingamen going on The year is uncertain Everyone is a family of three the nuclear family The man The Paradise Prophecy goes to work The woman cares for the child Rinse wash repeat Simple Done But that s just the 3% Where this book shines is in the remaining 97% The stuff that s happening off the page Think about thisI was ready to Impedance Spectroscopy give this work a 3 maybe a 4 What made me Can I Have a Word? give it a 5 I read Chris Ware s introduction and Martin Herbert s afterword Absolutely essential